We are searching for a full-time Developer to work in conjunction with the staff, clients and vendors to develop and produce beautiful web + interactive projects. We want problem-solvers who do awesome work and are proud of it.Web
- Front-end responsive development: HTML5, CSS3 (flexbox, grid), and JS (ES6/7/8, jQuery)
- Back-end development: PHP, MySQL
- WordPress custom themes, custom plugins, WP-API
- Cross-browser testing: IE11+
- Git: SourceTree or cli, must be able to manage merge conflicts
- Familiarity with SCSS, GruntJS, Babel, ESLint
- Organic SEO
- Typekit, Google WebFonts
- Fluency in current web development standards, technologies and trends
- Ability to address varying client needs with creativity, adaptability, and thorough knowledge of web development
- Understanding of databases, hosting, DNS, SSL, CDN, and mail server fundamentals
- Ability to troubleshoot and unafraid to ask for help
- Email marketing campaigns
- Responsive design / UX strategy
- Motion Graphics / After Effects / video + audio integration
- Google Analytics, SEO experience
- WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento, and/or Big Commerce
- WordPress plugin development, understanding of hooks/actions/filters
- Familiar with BEM, SMACSS, OOCSS, or other naming conventions
- Payment gateway experience: PayPal, FirstData, Stripe, etc.
- Basic understanding of typography and color theory
- Mac only office.
- Must work in our office in New Orleans, LA.
- Ability to budget time and respect client budgets.
- Must clock in client time and strive to meet billable hours standards.
- Demonstrate flexibility in a team environment, as well as leadership when called upon.
- Eagerness to learn and sense of humor will make you fit in here.
- Local candidates only. No recruiters.
We are looking for talent. Show us projects that made it to production as well as anything you’ve posted to Github or Codepen. You need to demonstrate experience in great coding.
Full-time position with pay commensurate with experience, proficiency and skill set.
- Plan, design, develop, debug, implement, and support API services
- Represent the team in collaborations with partners and clients
- Maintain client library for zlien REST API and help customers implement it
- Modify existing software to add new features, correct errors, or improve performance
- Comply with project coding standards and industry best practices
- Work on a shared code base, in a team environment, cooperating with co-located and remote team members
- Improve software quality by conducting systems analysis, and recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Produce detailed software design and specifications
- Participate in planning for software development projects, and ensure projects are concluded according to the planned delivery date
- 0-7 years of software development experience
- Experience implementing RESTful API servers
- Familiarity with different API technologies, such as REST, SOAP, and GraphQL
- Good understanding of Swagger and OpenAPI specification
- Excellent understanding of software engineering concepts
- Excellent understanding of relational database concepts and SQL
- Good problem solving and research skills
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- High accuracy in work and keen attention to details
- Excellent development skills using PHP, or other open source technologies
- Familiarity with PHP MVC frameworks is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work from our New Orleans office
Job Duties to include the following:
- Works with business analysts and stakeholders to identify technical requirements. Conducts technical requirements gathering/definition workshops. Works with developers to identify and document project estimates for technical requirements.
- Identifies and documents complex technical requirements appropriate for the associated functional
- Translates complex business requirements into technical and/or non-functional requirements, and supports the creation of business cases.
- Produces complex technical requirements documentation for business cases; presents findings to senior stakeholders.
- Constructs complex data models
- Evaluates and recommends appropriate/optimal project approach according to project need
- Manages the schedule of technical deliverables for projects.
- Works with business analysts and stakeholders to resolve scope issues and other conflicts.
- Produces and executes complex system test scripts such as regression, stress load, performance, integration and functional. Assists in the definition of user acceptance testing.
- Contributes to the development of training and support plans for client's application systems
- Trains, mentors and supports other members of the System Analyst team
- Assists the manager/director in strategic development approaches
- Assists the manager/director with team member development and supervision. Prepares and conducts team members’ performance evaluations.
- Assigns tasks and prepares personnel activity, project, and program status reports.
- Works with senior business stakeholders to determine business change initiatives.
- Manages relationships with third party suppliers
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or previous work experience in technical positions is mandatory (Computer Science degree preferred)
- 3 to 4 years of experience as a software development team member plus basic IT skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate detail concepts and business risks.
- Must be able to work independently
- Should possess conceptual modeling skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office products)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Demonstrated programming skills at an intermediate or advanced level in two or more languages
- Familiarity with a variety of operating systems and platforms
- Knowledge of designing and building applications
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles.
- Ability to be a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with both non-technical end-users and technical staff
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the MVC software design pattern
- Ability to administer a LAMP stack
- Ability to pay great attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to function fully and competently at technology competency Levels I, II and Ill outlined in HTML Core Technology Competencies for Employees. (See http://library.tulane.edu/sites/library.tulane.edu/files/documents/core_technology_competencies.pdf)
Required QualificationsBachelor's degree and 4 years of experience in computer science, library and information science, or other relevant information technology field OR High school diploma or equivalent and 10 years of experience in computer science, library and information science, or other relevant information technology field
- Master's in computer science or relevant field
- Certified application developer status
- Familiarity with Islandora and ArchivesSpace software
- Previous academic or research library experience
- Coding, testing and debugging programs according to specifications
- Modifying, expanding and updating applications
- Communicating with a team that includes analysts, testers, and end-users in order to coordinate and document application development and testing
- Development of software prototypes
- Understand and analyze project requirements
- Provide analysis and produce accurate levels of effort
- Document designs, code, and project assets in an up to date manner
- Maintain code bases within standards
- For deployed solutions, trouble shoot problems and issues with code and data
- Research emerging technologies in area of responsibility and make recommendations for process improvements
- Participate in code reviews
- Degree in computer science
- 2-5 years of experience in coding and development of highly scalable software components and/or client-facing web applications
- Desired technology experience: Angular, IntelliJ IDEA, PL/SQL Developer, Oracle Database, Oracle EBS, .NET, MS SQL, TypeScript
- Must be detail-oriented and have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a development team
- Must be self-managed
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Collaborate with analysts, UX designers, and developers to match visual design intent
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Migrate and integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline OR 2-5 years of software development experience and/or proven working experience building web and/or mobile apps
- Experience with relational database structure and design
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Proficient experience working in a strictly typed language such as Java or C++
- Proficient experience working in front-end frameworks such as Angular or VueJS
- Proficient experience with RESTful APIs design and implementation, as well as JSON/XML
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of web development experience
- Leadership skills.
- Project management skills.
- Solid understanding of current web standards as recommended by W3C including accessibility standards and cross browser issues.
- Ability to design effective UI/UX using HTML5, CSS3 and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to work with open source products such Drupal, Python, Fedora, Coral and/or DSpace.
- Ability to design relational databases using MySQL, Oracle and SQL specifically related to library content exchange.
- Ability to work in a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) or Tomcat environment.
- Ability to develop secure applications, use robust authentication, access control, use encryption, and use other technologies as appropriate to ensure the integrity and security of sensitive information.
- Knowledge of text search engines such as Solr, and the underlying Lucene engine.
- Skilled in modeling techniques as a tool for application design and development.
- Ability to trouble-shoot complex code designs written by multiple developers, reverse engineering, identifying incompatibilities and providing alternatives for improved design and performance.
- Ability to research and recommend emerging applicable technologies, platforms, toolsets and APIs for academic libraries.
- Ability to initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to function fully and competently at technology competency Levels I, II and III outlined in Core Technology Competencies for Howard-Tilton Memorial Library Employees
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- 2+ years of proven success as team leader/project manager.
- Experience using MVC frameworks, Object Oriented Programming, and version control workflows.
- Experience with analytical and web tracking tools for site usage.
- Experience working in an academic library.
- Familiarity with Ex Libris products such as Voyager, MetaLib and Primo.
- Familiarity with digital library projects.