FACTOR 10 is looking for a full-stack, junior or mid-level software engineer to join the team in prototyping, testing, and developing a variety of tools for both internal and external purposes. You must have experience in building and maintaining projects of all sizes and scope while collaborating with analysts, UX designers, and other developers. Exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Collaborate with analysts, UX designers, and developers to match visual design intent
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Migrate and integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline OR 2-5 years of software development experience and/or proven working experience building web and/or mobile apps
- Experience with relational database structure and design
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Proficient experience working in a strictly typed language such as Java or C++
- Proficient experience working in front-end frameworks such as Angular or VueJS
- Proficient experience with RESTful APIs design and implementation, as well as JSON/XML
We are a fast paced, growing, and cutting edge design group. We do everything: product design, digital design, branding, logos, marketing, and strategic business development. We think creatively, merging fresh and innovative design with long term business strategy, to deliver the best for both our concepts, and those of our clients. We work hard and play hard. Some days we are here till midnight (and later!), other days we’re celebrating the newest concept we finished with martinis at lunch. We have started businesses from the ground up, highlighting their unique offerings and showcasing them through a combination of design and business. Our loyal clients range from hot new starts-ups to Fortune 500 companies who depend on our impactful results and innovations we’ve built our reputation on delivering without fail. We are looking for a talented industrial designer to join our team. You are energetic and creative. You understand that you don’t know everything. Your attention to detail is apparent in your design, that you always finish on time, and your style is fluid such that it works for a variety of concepts or products. You enjoy working collaboratively but are self motivated in your work. You contribute thoughtful and effective ideas, and have strong communication skills. You handle criticism well. You are always willing to help with any project at any time and don’t mind working late when needed. You don’t complain. You want to increase your own functional knowledge and expertise. Most importantly, you want to work for a company that can expand how you think about design, and that’s why you’re interested in joining FACTOR 10.To apply, please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look at every application but depending on workload we may not be able to get back to you right away.
- Develop new and adjust existing design concepts, including toys, consumer products, and more
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Use innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time- Demonstrate illustrative skills with sketches, story and concept boards
- Work with a wide range of media and programs including 3D modeling, photography and video
- Present ideas and concepts internally in compelling and effective ways
- Research and compile information in an effective and quick manner as it relates to client or internal projects
- Manage external resources (occasionally)
- Proofread everything
- A burning desire to constantly grow and adapt in the every changing world of design