We are searching for a full-time Developer to work in conjunction with the staff, clients and vendors to develop and produce beautiful web + interactive projects. We want problem-solvers who do awesome work and are proud of it.Web
- Front-end responsive development: HTML5, CSS3 (flexbox, grid), and JS (ES6/7/8, jQuery)
- Back-end development: PHP, MySQL
- WordPress custom themes, custom plugins, WP-API
- Cross-browser testing: IE11+
- Git: SourceTree or cli, must be able to manage merge conflicts
- Familiarity with SCSS, GruntJS, Babel, ESLint
- Organic SEO
- Typekit, Google WebFonts
- Fluency in current web development standards, technologies and trends
- Ability to address varying client needs with creativity, adaptability, and thorough knowledge of web development
- Understanding of databases, hosting, DNS, SSL, CDN, and mail server fundamentals
- Ability to troubleshoot and unafraid to ask for help
- Email marketing campaigns
- Responsive design / UX strategy
- Motion Graphics / After Effects / video + audio integration
- Google Analytics, SEO experience
- WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento, and/or Big Commerce
- WordPress plugin development, understanding of hooks/actions/filters
- Familiar with BEM, SMACSS, OOCSS, or other naming conventions
- Payment gateway experience: PayPal, FirstData, Stripe, etc.
- Basic understanding of typography and color theory
- Mac only office.
- Must work in our office in New Orleans, LA.
- Ability to budget time and respect client budgets.
- Must clock in client time and strive to meet billable hours standards.
- Demonstrate flexibility in a team environment, as well as leadership when called upon.
- Eagerness to learn and sense of humor will make you fit in here.
- Local candidates only. No recruiters.
We are looking for talent. Show us projects that made it to production as well as anything you’ve posted to Github or Codepen. You need to demonstrate experience in great coding.
Full-time position with pay commensurate with experience, proficiency and skill set.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Rhinoceros and Autodesk
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, students, staff and vendors in a diverse environment
- Knowledge of digital fabrication and large format printing, including file preparation for laser cutters, 3D printers, and CNC routers
- Bachelors degree and one year of operations management experience OR
- High school diploma and seven years of operations management experience
- Experience operating CNC routers and/or robotics
- Experience maintaining and servicing digital fabrication equipment and digital imaging technology
- Experience developing and implementing training programs suitable for new and advanced users
- Strong AV knowledge
- Supervisory experience
- Experience creating and maintaining budgets
- Plan, design, develop, debug, implement, and support API services
- Represent the team in collaborations with partners and clients
- Maintain client library for zlien REST API and help customers implement it
- Modify existing software to add new features, correct errors, or improve performance
- Comply with project coding standards and industry best practices
- Work on a shared code base, in a team environment, cooperating with co-located and remote team members
- Improve software quality by conducting systems analysis, and recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Produce detailed software design and specifications
- Participate in planning for software development projects, and ensure projects are concluded according to the planned delivery date
- 0-7 years of software development experience
- Experience implementing RESTful API servers
- Familiarity with different API technologies, such as REST, SOAP, and GraphQL
- Good understanding of Swagger and OpenAPI specification
- Excellent understanding of software engineering concepts
- Excellent understanding of relational database concepts and SQL
- Good problem solving and research skills
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- High accuracy in work and keen attention to details
- Excellent development skills using PHP, or other open source technologies
- Familiarity with PHP MVC frameworks is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work from our New Orleans office
- Develop software features as described in the functional specifications documents. Collaborate with Product Managers and business stakeholders when needed to refine and modify requirements
- Work with the technical lead and software architect in following the firm's established design paradigms and design patterns
- Demonstrate strong unit testing and integration testing practices. Collaborate effectively with the software development team in code and feature integration aspects
- Aggressively resolve issues during the QA phase of the software release cycle
- Clearly document code and participate in code reviews
- Actively assist in support tickets and emergency bug fixes and rollouts
- Support the business teams and product managers in data extracts and data analysis
- Perform as a true agile team member and exhibit competencies in all layers of the application stack. Demonstrate proficiency in developing software for user interface, business logic, data modeling and systems and component integration
- Master's or bachelor's degree in Computer Science5 years of hands-on software development experience in C#, C++, or Java
- Experience with .NET framework preferred
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills
- Competency in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience with high volume and high performance web applications
- Highly proficient SQL and Database skills
- Ability to rapidly debug and solve problems in unfamiliar areas
- Experience in working in an agile environment with rapidly changing requirements and tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What You Will Be Doing
What You Need for this Position
- Electrical Engineering Experience
- Project Management Experience
- Solar PV Experience (25-50 MW experience)
Nice to have:
- PV Installation Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Experience Budgeting and Managing Other's
What's In It for You
- Health Benefits- 50% Healthcare Premium Match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Flexible work schedule
- Dog-Friendly Office!
- Opportunity for Promotion
- Must have experience with Microsoft Azure
- Responsible for client/account interactions as required.
- Responsible for producing part or all of the technical solution for the account/client, in accordance with an agreed technical design.
- Responsible to make sure that the project deliverable is completed accurately and on time.
- Responsible for escalating the issues, problems, risks, and constraints to the appropriate parties for clarification and resolution.
- Responsible for design and engineering of Cloud Based Infrastructure solutions based on Azure Cloud Technologies and offerings.
- Responsible for communication with the Lead Engineer and account/client.
- Responsible for the engineering of end to end solutions as required.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of new/emerging technology.
- Responsible for design, development, implementation using the Global Engineering specifications, methodology and practical application of ITIL practices and processes.
- Responsible for providing consulting to sales team to validate the solution components and arrive at resource estimation.
- Container technologies – Docker, OpenShift or Kubernetes
- ITSM tools like Service Now (SNOW)
- SaaS tools like – CrowdStrike and Cloudcheckr
- Virtualization Technology including migrations (VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM)
- Oracle Database
- MS SQL Server
- SAN and NAS technologies
- Solid skills in using MS Project, MS Office and SharePoint Knowledge
- DevOps tools like Jenkins, Ansible
- BA in Engineering with minimum of 8 years of experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge in Microsoft Azure, AWS, and Google cloud platform.
- Preferred Certifications in above cloud technologies.
- Minimum 5 years of experience engineering and supporting enterprise IT solutions.
- Comfortable with troubleshooting.
- Has experience of designing and engineering solutions in a distributed infrastructure environment (e.g. Servers, Blade Systems, Storage Area Networks, and Virtualization Technologies).
- Awareness of ITIL and/or CMM practices and processes.
- Software Defined storage such and Software Defined Networks.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of directory services (AD and LDAP)
- Demonstrates an understanding of Networking (Firewalls, Routing, VLAN, Trunking)
Job Duties to include the following:
- Works with business analysts and stakeholders to identify technical requirements. Conducts technical requirements gathering/definition workshops. Works with developers to identify and document project estimates for technical requirements.
- Identifies and documents complex technical requirements appropriate for the associated functional
- Translates complex business requirements into technical and/or non-functional requirements, and supports the creation of business cases.
- Produces complex technical requirements documentation for business cases; presents findings to senior stakeholders.
- Constructs complex data models
- Evaluates and recommends appropriate/optimal project approach according to project need
- Manages the schedule of technical deliverables for projects.
- Works with business analysts and stakeholders to resolve scope issues and other conflicts.
- Produces and executes complex system test scripts such as regression, stress load, performance, integration and functional. Assists in the definition of user acceptance testing.
- Contributes to the development of training and support plans for client's application systems
- Trains, mentors and supports other members of the System Analyst team
- Assists the manager/director in strategic development approaches
- Assists the manager/director with team member development and supervision. Prepares and conducts team members’ performance evaluations.
- Assigns tasks and prepares personnel activity, project, and program status reports.
- Works with senior business stakeholders to determine business change initiatives.
- Manages relationships with third party suppliers
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or previous work experience in technical positions is mandatory (Computer Science degree preferred)
- 3 to 4 years of experience as a software development team member plus basic IT skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate detail concepts and business risks.
- Must be able to work independently
- Should possess conceptual modeling skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office products)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Job DescriptionThe above job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. LCMC reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Job SpecificationsEducation Minimum Required: High School Diploma Preferred: Advanced degree or additional certification in related technology Experience Minimum Required: High School and 9 years relevant experience, Associates Degree and 7 years relevant experience, or Bachelor’s Degree in IT-related field of study and 5 years relevant experience. License/Certification Minimum Required: VMware Data Center Virtualization (VCA-DCV and/or VCA-WM) Preferred: Additional relevant certifications; Healthcare industry experience. Special Skills/Training Minimum Required
- Exhibit a high degree of customer service, cooperation, teamwork, initiative, and exceptional judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve time-based objectives, balance multiple priorities, communicate effectively while remaining organized.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Demonstrated logical problem-solving capability.
Operations Support and Maintenance 50.0%
- Performs the following specialized duties:
- Resolves hardware and software problems with vendor field engineers.
- Installs and maintains both critical and non-critical software.
- Documents all changes to systems software and develops entries for a systems support database.
- Assists other areas of a complex computing environment such as production control, disaster recovery, networking, computer operations, or other operating systems.
- Primary responsibility for one or more software products.
- Recommends software and hardware upgrades.
- Provides input towards improving/optimizing procedures supporting systems software.
- Performs the following core duties:
- Resolves technical problems.
- Confers with other personnel in resolving problems involving procedural and technical matters.
- Provides more advanced technical support for the customer.
- Researches problems and recommends solutions.
- Meets with customers and technical staff to determine information needs and requirements
- Provides server-side technical support including triage and resolution of assigned incidents, software installation, patching, and monitoring of services.
- Monitors systems performance and availability ensuring optimal up-time.
- Assists with batch-type job processing as required by the application service.
- Ensures proper backups are produced as necessary for disaster recovery operations.
- Applies software patches and updates to servers as defined by approved change control documentation.
- Ensures that all work is accurate and in compliance with departmental or project quality standards
Project Support 25.0%
- Provides technical support to project-related activities such as service provisioning and/or deployment.
- Assists with the planning, design, and development of new services and technology as required.
- Installs and optimizes new hardware and software as required.
- Meets project deadlines as assigned
Other duties as required 25.0%
- Participates in an on-call rotation as required, able to travel between facilities.
- Maintains professional communication at all times.
- Ensures accountability through timely follow-through and escalation as required.
- Participates in training and professional development sessions
- Performs other required duties as assigned.
- Minimum Required: High School Diploma (15 years of relevant experience in Lieu of Bachelors)
- Associates Degree (10 years of relevant experience in Lieu of Bachelors)
- Preferred: Bachelors Degree
- Minimum Required: Minimum of 5 years working in a healthcare environment
- Minimum 5 year working in healthcare IT
- 4 years’ experience required in assigned area
- Technical Proficiency required including appropriate pre-employment screening
- Epic Certification required for Epic positions
- Preferred: Prior implementation experience required
License/CertificationMinimum Required: N/A Preferred: N/A
Special Skills/TrainingMinimum Required: Extensive working knowledge of healthcare and systems Ability to conceptualize and analyze complex issues Ability to work independently and manage time well Ability to direct a variety of projects in addition to an understanding of the ways in which information technology is applied within the enterprise Ability to maintain assigned programs and systems Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing Epic or other certification Required where appropriate
General Functions 10%
- Demonstrates ability to represent Information Technology in a respectful and professional manner
- Provides leadership in the development of the use of a specific application and the subsequent roll out of the functionality
- Completes assigned tasks per defined project scope, timelines, and budgets.Monitors division tasks to ensure they are completed on time
- Understands interconnectivity and integration with EMR and third-party applications. Works with internal IT teams on technical troubleshooting, integration, reporting and training. Participates in division meetings
- Demonstrates creativity and passion to continuously learn. Mentors team
- Follows department standards and procedures
- Communicates effectively with technical team at all levels and with users at a non-technical and clinical level
- Alerts senior staff members of any outages, problems or delays
- Maintains knowledge of health care, technology and industry trends
- Maintains appropriate certifications
Systems Analysis 35%
- Able to interpret data regarding current environment and document workflows and system access
- Applies analytical skills and related application knowledge to define the information requirements necessary to design, build and install upgrades and/or new implementations
- Ability to analyze and make sound recommendations for workflow based on system capabilities.
- Develops and/or evaluates previously refined data and programs and selects from a range of alternatives to determine the appropriate action to be taken. Understands functionality and relationships between supported applications
- Lead optimization efforts of clinical staff and departments
- Coordinates upgrade activities with team
Application Support/Build 30%
- Creates test plans to support thorough application and integrated testing scenarios
- Supervises testing and validates change logs
- Reviews newly released software to ensure integrity
- Resolves post installation technical problems in a timely manner,assists team in resolving complex issues, escalating issues as necessary to the appropriate organizational or vendor level
- Expert on routine duties often asked to mentor team; uses appreciable originality on system assignments, makes recommendations and seeks approval on complex matters
- Researches, identifies, designs and implements solutions to special client requests or requirements and thoroughly documents all identified solutions and standard operating procedures
- Plans independently the full range of programming actions needed to achieve desired end-results on complex problems; analyzes and suggests system development tasks
- Performs system design/build/update. BuildsMaster Files. Monitors release notes for pertinent build and testing for the system.
- Keeps documents and change logs updated
- Maintains quality control between environments with build activities
Project Management 15%
- Develops or helps in the development of work plans, task sequencing
- Develops time schedules, conversion and test procedures for all aspects of system
- Executes necessary investigation, analysis and evaluation to determine project feasibility and develops project scope
- Utilizes change management process
- Ensures each team completes tasks on time and is accountable to manager for team completing assigned work on time
Other Duties as required 10%
- Completes required documentation
- Serves as member of various employee committees to discuss workflow, system needs and changes
- Coordinates activities with other departments and work groups as needed
- Serves as a backup to related positions as needed
- Participates in on call rotation for application support
- Help Desk support as needed
- Performs related duties as assigned
Job-Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops overall integration strategy for LCMC Health
- Determines overall plan for the exchange of health information as directed by the organization
- Maintains documentation of integration planning, implementation and structure
- Provides leadership and direction in the development of short and long range plans for integration
- Analyzes and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations through integration
- Ability to manage time well; ability to direct a variety of projects in addition to an understanding of the ways in which information technology is applied within the enterprise
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, exercise good judgment, exhibit strong profit orientation, and achieve results through others; ability to conceptualize and analyze complex issues
- Provides continuous feedback to the Project Management Office regarding priorities and status of work being performed within the Integration group
- Demonstrate extensive working knowledge of healthcare application systems, negotiating, organizational development, change management, strategic planning, action planning and management
- Monitors and reports on overall productivity and efficiency of all interfaces
- Understands and adheres to HIPAA and other regulatory components when planning and executing the exchange of health information
- Coordinates with Applications Team and assists in identifying opportunities for integration of information across the enterprise system
- Interacts with project team to determine integration requirements across various systems during implementation
- Assist with selection, development, and coordination of integration projects, tools, and architecture to provide reliable and cost-effective solutions that meet the business requirements of LCMC Health
- Provides oversight to integration team in development of interface structure
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in integration applications. Mentors staff
- Evaluate current state of integration across the enterprise and develop a consolidation plan to streamline processes and monitoring of interface activity
- Evaluate emerging technologies and business opportunities for potential impact on health information exchange and integration
- Able to apply job knowledge to develop policies and procedures and improve work processes
- Reports on all enterprise internal and external operations that are impacted by the capture, storage, processing and dissemination of information including review of all major contracts for services and equipment related to the Applications Systems within the enterprise and enterprise's Information Technology groups; develops and preserves statements of necessary policies and procedures to assure proper documentation and communication of necessary controls.
- Develops and manages effective working relationships with other departments, groups and personnel with who work must be coordinated or interfaced; helps in evaluating the staff of enterprise and enterprise Information Technology functions.
- Participates in strategic planning and budgeting process.
- Reports any outages or issues as they arise. Responsible for resolution of production problems.
- Reports on team activity, project progress, and SLA’s as required
Job Specifications - Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Health Sciences
- 5 years System Engineering and/or Architecture experience in enterprise application integration using healthcare industry messaging standards and methods.