The LCMC Information Technology Integration Manager will be responsible for overseeing and directing interface design and planning, integration mapping, health information exchange and database support. Supports planning and implementation of all applications across the LCMC enterprise and looks for opportunities to improve information flow through integration. Works closely with Applications management staff and the Project Management Office (PMO) to align priorities of all health information integration and exchange activities with key business objectives for LCMC Health.
Job-Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops overall integration strategy for LCMC Health
- Determines overall plan for the exchange of health information as directed by the organization
- Maintains documentation of integration planning, implementation and structure
- Provides leadership and direction in the development of short and long range plans for integration
- Analyzes and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations through integration
- Ability to manage time well; ability to direct a variety of projects in addition to an understanding of the ways in which information technology is applied within the enterprise
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, exercise good judgment, exhibit strong profit orientation, and achieve results through others; ability to conceptualize and analyze complex issues
- Provides continuous feedback to the Project Management Office regarding priorities and status of work being performed within the Integration group
- Demonstrate extensive working knowledge of healthcare application systems, negotiating, organizational development, change management, strategic planning, action planning and management
- Monitors and reports on overall productivity and efficiency of all interfaces
- Understands and adheres to HIPAA and other regulatory components when planning and executing the exchange of health information
- Coordinates with Applications Team and assists in identifying opportunities for integration of information across the enterprise system
- Interacts with project team to determine integration requirements across various systems during implementation
- Assist with selection, development, and coordination of integration projects, tools, and architecture to provide reliable and cost-effective solutions that meet the business requirements of LCMC Health
- Provides oversight to integration team in development of interface structure
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in integration applications. Mentors staff
- Evaluate current state of integration across the enterprise and develop a consolidation plan to streamline processes and monitoring of interface activity
- Evaluate emerging technologies and business opportunities for potential impact on health information exchange and integration
- Able to apply job knowledge to develop policies and procedures and improve work processes
- Reports on all enterprise internal and external operations that are impacted by the capture, storage, processing and dissemination of information including review of all major contracts for services and equipment related to the Applications Systems within the enterprise and enterprise’s Information Technology groups; develops and preserves statements of necessary policies and procedures to assure proper documentation and communication of necessary controls.
- Develops and manages effective working relationships with other departments, groups and personnel with who work must be coordinated or interfaced; helps in evaluating the staff of enterprise and enterprise Information Technology functions.
- Participates in strategic planning and budgeting process.
- Reports any outages or issues as they arise. Responsible for resolution of production problems.
- Reports on team activity, project progress, and SLA’s as required
Job Specifications – Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Health Sciences
- 5 years System Engineering and/or Architecture experience in enterprise application integration using healthcare industry messaging standards and methods.