The National WWII Museum is currently seeking an IT Desktop Technician. This position reports to the Network Administrator and is primarily responsible for providing desktop support to the Museum’s end users both on- and off-site. Responsibilities include receiving, prioritizing, documenting, troubleshooting, and resolving end users’ requests and assisting with the set-up and installation of IT equipment.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• An Associates or Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field and 2-4 years experience in an IT or computer related position.
• Knowledge of applications currently utilized by the Museum including Microsoft products (operating systems and office productivity), Gateway (ticketing), Counter Point (retail), Raiser’s Edge (fundraising), and Financial Edge (accounting) as well as extensive knowledge of current developments in the field of information technology.
• Knowledge of network protocols and the OSI model, Active Directory, Windows Server and Microsoft desktop administration.
• Ability to research problems quickly and resolve issues with minimal direct supervision.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, frequently with short immediate deadlines.
• Strong customer service, time management, conflict resolution, and problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational and communication skills with an attention to detail.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including weekends and evenings.
• Ability to push, pull, and lift weights up to 50 pounds.
The National WWII Museum offers a competitive wage and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401k and paid vacation and sick leave.
Interested candidates should apply online at www.nationalww2museum.org/employment or mail resumes to 945 Magazine St., New Orleans, LA 70130.