Maintains and supports the integrity of the operating system environment and various computer systems. Administers, installs and troubleshoots a variety of operating systems. Performs systems maintenance tasks, such as system back-up, recovery and file maintenance. Schedules, installs, and tests system software upgrades. Configures software and resolves technical problems. Monitors and maintains software licensing and maintenance agreements
The above job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. LCMC reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Minimum Required: High School Diploma
Preferred: Advanced degree or additional certification in related technology
Minimum Required: High School and 9 years relevant experience, Associates Degree and 7 years relevant experience, or Bachelor’s Degree in IT-related field of study and 5 years relevant experience.
Minimum Required: VMware Data Center Virtualization (VCA-DCV and/or VCA-WM)
Preferred: Additional relevant certifications; Healthcare industry experience.
- Exhibit a high degree of customer service, cooperation, teamwork, initiative, and exceptional judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve time-based objectives, balance multiple priorities, communicate effectively while remaining organized.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Demonstrated logical problem-solving capability.
Operations Support and Maintenance 50.0%
- Performs the following specialized duties:
- Resolves hardware and software problems with vendor field engineers.
- Installs and maintains both critical and non-critical software.
- Documents all changes to systems software and develops entries for a systems support database.
- Assists other areas of a complex computing environment such as production control, disaster recovery, networking, computer operations, or other operating systems.
- Primary responsibility for one or more software products.
- Recommends software and hardware upgrades.
- Provides input towards improving/optimizing procedures supporting systems software.
- Performs the following core duties:
- Resolves technical problems.
- Confers with other personnel in resolving problems involving procedural and technical matters.
- Provides more advanced technical support for the customer.
- Researches problems and recommends solutions.
- Meets with customers and technical staff to determine information needs and requirements
- Provides server-side technical support including triage and resolution of assigned incidents, software installation, patching, and monitoring of services.
- Monitors systems performance and availability ensuring optimal up-time.
- Assists with batch-type job processing as required by the application service.
- Ensures proper backups are produced as necessary for disaster recovery operations.
- Applies software patches and updates to servers as defined by approved change control documentation.
- Ensures that all work is accurate and in compliance with departmental or project quality standards
Project Support 25.0%
- Provides technical support to project-related activities such as service provisioning and/or deployment.
- Assists with the planning, design, and development of new services and technology as required.
- Installs and optimizes new hardware and software as required.
- Meets project deadlines as assigned
Other duties as required 25.0%
- Participates in an on-call rotation as required, able to travel between facilities.
- Maintains professional communication at all times.
- Ensures accountability through timely follow-through and escalation as required.
- Participates in training and professional development sessions
- Performs other required duties as assigned.